Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I Hear the Honking
The other day I was talking to Barbara about a recent job interview she had. She described how she used the V-formation of geese as an analogy to describe her leadership style. She likes to feel she is out front, but still likes to hear the honking of other geese behind. I guess we're all a bit like that. Sometimes, running a pipe band [is that what I do, or does it run me?] is a bit like that. You hope people are into what you are proposing. You hope that people are "behind you," and it IS good to hearing the honking.

My point: I hear it. I hear it in those great facial growths [The Mustache Silver Chanter], I hear it in the improvement of the sound and the tunes, in the tickets booked and paid for, the raffle tickets sold, the t-shirts ordered. Keep honking, keep practising.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But just try to limit the honkers in the circle, right?

Iain MacDonald said...

Not just limit--eliminate!! And, no "honking" on the bus, either.... : )

Anonymous said...

Where do we see pics of the moustache updates?

:)

Iain MacDonald said...

Facebook....

Anonymous said...

I want to see CRPB t-shirts that say "no honking on the bus"