Monday, March 13, 2006

Tim Horton's Brier Meets St. Paddy's
Get some sleep while you're able...it looks like a big week ahead. OK, first there was the Saturday morning Opening Ceremonies for the Brier, followed by pipers at the draws three times a day, all week. Add to that the annual St. Paddy's Tour on Friday night, and then the bus trip to Glendive and back...full concert, bit of parade, and pub crawl...and THEN the bus home on Sunday to close out the Brier Sunday night at about 9:00 p.m. I'm thinking you'll all need any extra sleep you can get. And in case it's not obvious: save a clean shirt for the closing of the Brier...that one is going to be on TV. I'll be honest: I love St. Paddy's Day and the Glendive thing. I really like the pure fun of playing where people think it's great [even when it isn't always] and of course it meets some needs that keep us in reeds and drum heads and other good stuff. Did I mention that it's fun? I think the thing I really like is that while we are trolling through pubs and halls like every other band on the face of the planet, we are actually doing some good playing, and every now and again, there is a patron sober enough to appreciate that through all the green glitter. So, get the tunes ironed out, the bags seasoned, and the green glitter ready to go.

No comments: